Friends of Korea held a meeting at Marx Memorial Library, London, on 27 June 2009 to commemorate the anniversary of the start of the Korean War – which the Koreans call the Fatherland Liberation War – launched by US imperialism and its allies on 25 June 1950.
The meeting was designed as a panel discussion with maximum participation of the audience as to questions and contributions, ensuring an interesting and lively discussion. Participating organisations were the Communist Party of Great Britain (Marxist-Leninist), the Revolutionary Communist Party (Marxist-Leninist), the New Communist Party, the Juche Idea Study Group/Korea Friendship Association and the Socialist Labour Party. The following resolution was pass unanimously.
Resolution: Hands off Korea!
This meeting on the present situation in the Democratic People’s Republic of Korea, Marx House, London, Saturday, June 27, 2009, resolves as follows:
1. We condemn the accusations being directed at the DPRK from Anglo-American imperialism over the recent nuclear test.
2. We affirm that Anglo-US imperialism constitutes the main threat to world peace and security with its nuclear blackmail and aggression.
3. We hail the 9th anniversary of the signing of the historic June 15, 2000, North-South Joint Declaration, which marked an historic turning point in the Korean people’s long march toward the reunification of their divided country.
4. We resolve to further build support for the Korean movement for reunification, which is overcoming the threats of US imperialist aggression, including through the activities of the Lee Myung Bak regime of national traitors in the south.
5. We condemn the terms of UN Security Council Resolution 1874 which introduces more unjust sanctions against the DPRK, and we condemn the role of the British government in passing this resolution and its hostile stand towards the DPRK. We say: Hands off Korea!
6. We pledge to step up the work to provide information about the DPRK and to build friendship and fraternal relations between the people of Britain and the Korean people.
Details of the next event organised by the Friends of Korea are below – all Lalkar readers are cordially invited to attend.
Celebrate the DPRK’s victory in the Fatherland Liberation War
US imperialism’s first ever defeat
Annual Barbecue and Summer Party
Saturday 25 July at 3 pm
Saklatvala Hall, Southall, UB1 5AA
For further information contact Friends of Korea on 07764288678 or 07899974525